Zerodha Kite Mobile App Overview
Zerodha has become quite a prominent name in the Stock Broking Industry mainly due to different online initiatives that have been taken up by the stockbroker. It not only pioneered the Discount broking space in India but also has come up with different trading experiences (Zerodha Kite Web, Zerodha Pi for instance), algorithm-based technical analysis tools and educational portals for a different genre of clients.
Here, we are going to talk about the Mobile Trading app of Zerodha - Kite. It has been known to be one of the most intuitive and well-designed trading apps in India. Let's see how it works:
The first step is to download the app and install it on your smartphone. It is one of the lightest apps in terms of size with the size of 10.6 MB. As per our experience, most of the apps from other stock brokers come in the size range of 36 MB to 55 MB.
Once you have downloaded the installed the app, you'd be required to enter your valid credentials and login into the app.
Features of Zerodha Kite Mobile App
- Multiple Market watch addition provision (till 5). You can use these market watchlists to monitor specific stocks that you are interested in, across sectors and industries.
- Simple minimalist UI (Black or White backgrounds available) with minimal fuss. This makes the overall trading experience simple and convenient, especially for beginner level traders.
- Different types of charts available with options to choose time range and frequency. With these charts, you get the flexibility to perform technical and fundamental analysis as per your preference. Some of these charts include:
- Candle Stick
- Colored Bar
- Hollow Candle
- Baseline Delta
- Buy and sell orders can be made with a single tap irrespective of where you are in the navigation flow
- The app works well at low internet bandwidth as well. Although the speed gets compromised here, still you will be able to use the application and place your trades.
- Option to place bracket order, positional order, cover order, stock loss market order etc
Some of the concerns using Zerodha Kite Mobile App:
- Connectivity issues are seen if the client is using Reliance JIO. That is one specific concern.
- Payment gateway can be improved in its usability from the app
- Margin calculator feature missing in the app
- You cannot invest in Mutual funds using this application.
You can check out the rest of the review at Zerodha Kite Mobile App Review.