SMC Global Review
SMC Global is a leading full-service stockbroker based out of New Delhi, India. Established in the year 1994, the full-service broker enjoys presence with more than 50 branches across the country and 2400 sub-broker network.
Apart from retail stock broking, SMC Global also provides Wealth Management, DP and Research services. SMC Global also has an international presence across Dubai. Within stock broking, SMC Global has memberships with NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEX, MCX-SX and allows its clients to trade across segments such as:
- Mutual Funds
SMC Global Trading Platforms
SMC Global Online has a range of trading platforms across the web, desktop, mobile and tablet. Thus, quantity wise there are no concerns, but when it comes to quality there are few hiccups that need to be addressed especially around user experience and usability of applications.
Here are the details:
This trading software is an executable file that can be downloaded and installed on a user's laptop or desktop. Mostly suitable for heavy traders, SMC Privilege comes with the following features as listed below:
- Real-time streaming quotes
- Intraday charting with indicators
- Hotkey functions for faster execution of orders and other features
- Online funds transfer allowed
Having said that, the app is relatively bulky and users must maintain a decent configuration of their laptop and/or desktop to keep consistent user experience.
SMC Global Easy Trader
Easy Trader is a web-based responsive trading platform that can be accessed across devices. It is relatively lighter in performance and does not need any installation or downloads. Easy trader comes with the following features:
- Accessible across devices and even at relatively lower internet bandwidth
- Access to back office reports for analysis
- Personalized Workspace feature with customization of UI widgets
- Trading across segments and exchanges possible
SMC Global MobiTrade Mobile App
Mobitrade is the mobile application for trading by SMC Global which is secure and user-friendly at the same time. Some of the features of Mobitrade are:
- Trading across multiple segments and exchanges allowed
- Multiple market watch provision
- Users get complete access to different reports like order book, trade book, Net position etc
- Intraday and historical charts feature
SMC Tabtrade is a trading app for iPads and Android tabs. This allows the user base that prefers to trade on the go and on relatively bigger screens. Here are the app features:
- Trading across segments and exchanges possible
- Multiple market watch with quote streaming option
- Interactive charts that help the clients with detailed technical analysis
However, the number of user base using this application is very limited. Thus, the focus towards improving this trading application and adding new features from the broker is pretty low.
SMC Global Research
When it comes to research, SMC Global offers an exhaustive level of reports and recommendations at both technical and fundamental level. Here are the different types of reports and research products with their respective publishing frequency:
- Equity Analysis
- Equity Morning Mantra - Daily
- Corporate Action Meter - Daily
- Techno Funda Report - Fortnightly
- Corporate Action Meter - Weekly
- Macro Economic Meter - Daily
- Macro Economic Meter - Weekly
- Result Updates - As and When
- Pre-budget analysis - Yearly
- RBI Monetary Policy Report - Bi-monthly
- Special Reports - Bi-monthly
- Derivative Analysis
- Derivatives Daily
- Index Ranker
- Commodity Analysis
- Metal & Energy - Daily
- Agri - Daily
- Special Updates - As and When
- Techno Funda Report - As and When
- Agri Updates - Monthly
- Metal & Energy Updates - Monthly
- Commodity Momentum Report - Weekly
- Currency Analysis
- Currency Daily Buzzer
- Weekly Momentum Report
- IPO Reports - As and When
- Mutual Funds Weekly Reports
- WiseMoney - Weekly Newsletter
The accuracy of these reports has stayed pretty good over the years. However, with time, it seems that the performance of these tips and recommendations have seen a gradual decline. More...
SMC Global Customer Service
The full-service stock broker offers the following communication channels to its clients as listed:
- Toll-Free Number
- Offline branches
As you can see that the communication channels are limited to the full-service stockbroker, which basically limits the way a client can reach out to SMC Global.
SMC Global Pricing
Pricing at SMC Global Online is just reasonable, both at brokerage as well as account level. Transaction charges definitely is one area where the broker seems relatively expensive than the industry benchmarks. Users are advised to use their discretion while choosing a stockbroker.
At the same time, users MUST negotiate well with the executive before opening the account. There is always a room to get the charges of all types lowered to an extent.
SMC Global Account Opening Charges
SMC Global Brokerage
Being a full-service stockbroker, SMC Global charges a specific percentage of your trade value as brokerage charge.
Furthermore, as long as you can provide a higher initial deposit value of up to INR 50,000- Brokerage of SMC Global can go as low as 0.1% for delivery and 0.01% for intraday (although it all depends on your negotiation skills).
Use this SMC Global Online Brokerage Calculator for complete charges and your profit.
For rest of the Pricing details and to check the complete review, you can check SMC Global Review