Today when one thinks about online trading, the name Sharekhan seems phenomenally synonymous due to its broad range of financial products and a long list of services.
Shripal Morakhia a Mumbai-based entrepreneur founded his brainchild Sharekhan in the year 2000 to leverage newly introduced electronic trading in stock exchanges as well as dematerialization/demat of securities.
Since its pioneering leap into very first digitization wave, Sharekhan has grown to be largest standalone trading brokerage firm with mutual fund distribution, IPO financing, securities brokerage, ESOP financing, loan against shares and wealth management services.
They are the fourth-largest stock-broker with a customer base of over 5 lakh active customers in India which is very significant. With 4800+employees working at 153 branches spread across 575 cities of India, they execute 4 lakh trades every day dealing with over 25,000 business partners. Rebranded as Sharekhan by BNP Paribas, it has become a fully owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas after being bought by them for Rs 2200 crore.
ShareKhan is accredited with NSE, BSE, MCX and NCDEX and allows its customers to trade in the following segments:
- Mutual Funds
Apart from this, ShareKhan has also launched its own platform known as Sharekhan Classrooms which aims to help new traders and investors to learn the basics of investing in the stock market. This service is only available to the clients of the full-service stock-broker.
Here is a detailed review of the key products and services offered by ShareKhan:
Sharekhan Trading Platforms
ShareKhan offers its customers trading platforms for both desktop and mobile. Here is a quick look at what they have to offer:
Trade Tiger is a hybrid cloud-based stock trading platform that allows users to trade across multiple financial segments like commodities, currency, IPOs, equities, mutual funds, and derivatives. Some of the features of this application include:
- Advanced trading and analytical tools
- Customizable alerts, notifications, and reminders on stocks and exchange
- Detailed research and stock analysis using high-quality graphs
- 14 banks tie-up to support instant pay in or pay out
This platform has been used by ShareKhan’s large customer base for well over a decade and has been compliant with the standards which are expected from most full-service stock-brokers.
Sharekhan Web Trading
It is a lightweight website application that needs basic configuration. You will have to log in with valid credentials to begin trading. The website has a simple user interface which helps customers to trade effectively. Some of the features include:
- Email and SMS order confirmations
- “Path finder” assists investors to filter healthy stocks for long term investments
- Supports trading across various segments
- Third party technical analysis software can be integrated with “O Alert” for automated alerts
Sharekhan Mobile Trading Platform
ShareKhan’s Mobile Trading App is useful for those who like to trade on their mobile phones. This app is available on Android and ios and can be easily downloaded. Here are some of the features of the app:
- Advanced Charting features like Renko, Line Chart, Candlestick Charts all easily available.
- A comprehensive dashboard for market view
- Secured funds transfer facility
- Get access to Sharkhan’s Online Classroom sessions and courses.
They have been notorious for launching too many apps that did not incorporate customer feedback for betterment.
However, their recent mobile app “ShareMobile” seems to be working best in terms of performance, accuracy, and speed. Login issues and absence of mutual funds investment reports makes it a little dull.
It is a specially designed mobile trading solution to work with 2G networks in small towns and rural areas. It is a better performing investment solution that runs with lower internet bandwidths on basic 2G phones and smartphones pretty smoothly. Some of the features include:
- Basic market analysis using charts for BSE &NSE
- Allows pay-in and pay-out of funds to bank, IPO, MF and trading account
- Supports Multi-exchange streaming watch list
- Investment and tracking of mutual funds
To continue reading click here.