SBICAP Securities Limited is a wholly-owned broking subsidiary of State Bank of India. SBICAP Securities is a full-service stockbroking company providing institution equity, retail equity, broking, e-broking, derivatives and depository participant services. The renowned banking group entered the broking arena in 2006 and since then it has established its network across the country.
SBI Capital is registered with NSE and BSE and is a depository participant of NSDL and CDSL. This SBI Securities Review 2020 discusses the various trading services it offers to both resident Indians and non-resident Indians (NRIs).
SBI Smart, the flagship trading platform allows the traders to invest online in a vast range of segments including Equity, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, IPOs, ETFs, and NCDs. It also offers lending services like a Car loan, Home loan, and Loan against securities.
Being a bank based broking firm, SBI Securities offers a 3-in-1 Demat account to its customers allowing ease of transferring of funds between trading and saving accounts. The 3-in-1 account links all the three accounts; namely Bank account, Trading account and Demat account together.
In this, the bank account is opened with the State Bank of India while the trading and Demat account are held with SBI Capital Securities Limited. Along with this, the customers can also avail of the research services and get access to different Research Reports, Analysis Tools and brokerage calculator.
It also offers several trading platforms to its customers including:
- SBI Smart Portal
- SBI Smart Xpress
- SBI Smart Lite
- SBI Smart Mobile App
The trading services with SBICap Securities are accessible through [email protected] through a 3-in-1 Demat account.
Why Invest with SBI Securities?
Here are some reasons why you should invest with SBI capital,
- State Bank of India is India’s largest bank, which builds trust amongst customers.
- There are 115 branches of SBI capital securities spread all across India
- Customers have free access to the trading terminal like SBISMART Xpress and mobile trading app SBI Smart.
- Investments can be made in a variety of instruments like bonds, mutual funds, and IPO.
- Seamless transactions can be made due to the merging of saving, Demat and trading account.
- The facility of analysis and research is available to all the customers.
Awards and Accolades achieved by SBI Securities
- The Asset triple Asia infrastructure award for ‘ Project Finance House Of the Year 9 India)’ in the year 2018.
- The asset triple-A country award for “ Best IPO” in the year 2017.
- Arogya, World healthy workplace gold-level award in the year 2017.
SBI Securities Trading Platforms
It should be noted that all the trading platforms offered by SBI Capital, across the web, desktop, and mobile devices are all in house platforms. This means that SBI capital is one of the few stock broking companies in India that offers in-house platforms.
Enlisted below are the SBI Capital trading platforms:
SBI SMART EXPRESS
This is a terminal-based trading software that is provided by SBI Capital. This software needs to be downloaded and installed into your laptop or the desktop.
SBI Smart Express is most suitable for those who trade heavily and requires high performance.
- Charting can be easily done.
- Customers can square off, modify or even cancel the pending orders.
- Historical data provided help in fundamental and technical analysis.
- Trading research reports are available on these trading platforms.
This is a browser-based trading platform, which can be directly accessed as long as your device has access to the internet. Thus there is no requirement of downloading and installation.
The customers just need to fill in the right credentials to log in to the application and can start trading.
It is a quite responsive application and can be accessed using any of the electronic devices like mobile, tablet, laptop, etc.
- The fund can be easily transferred using the fund transfer feature.
- This application is quite lightweight.
- Provides fundamental as well as technical analysis report.
SBI SMART MOBILE APP
SBI Smart Mobile App is a well-designed app that proves a variety of features. The customers often face problems while using this application.
- It provides the facility of a market watch.
- Status and the position of the order can be checked
- BSE and NSE stock markets can be tracked very easily
Read on to know more here