SAS Online Review
SAS Online (or South Asia Stocks Limited) is one of the recent stockbrokers in the Indian Discount Broking landscape. It had its inception in April 2013 and had its first 1000 clients within the first 6 months. The company was founded by a young entrepreneur Shrey Jain.
As of today, the discount stock broker does a daily turnover of ₹6000+ Crore and claims to have 10,000 clients from 700+ cities across the country. The discount broker offers trading services for stocks, future and options on NSE, BSE and MCX.
Since the major operations are done online, without any offline support - partners or franchises, SAS Online like other discount brokers offers to trade at low brokerage rates.
"SAS Online has 10,880 active clients until 2017."
With this discount stock broker, you can trade in the following segments:
SAS Online Trading Platforms
It offers trading platforms across devices including an install-able desktop software, browser-based trading application and a mobile app.
Here are the details:
SAS Online Trader
SAS Trader is a desktop based application that can be downloaded and installed on your machine and then executed directly. It comes with the following features:
- Interface open to Customization: Every component can be fully customized as per user’s requirement such as Edit headers, functions, colours etc.
- Observe market trends and perform your own analysis using advanced charting features
- High-speed real-time market information across NSE, BSE & MCX within a single interface.
SAS Online Web HTML 5
SAS Web HTML 5 is a cloud-based browser driven trading application that can be run on a laptop or desktop without any downloads or installs. Some of the features of SAS Web HTML 5 include:
- Compatible with major browsers
- Real-time quotes and hassle-free trading
- Lightweight and does not require heavy configuration from the device
This is a web-based browser application which is lightweight and is responsive in nature. Thus, clients can access it across devices without any compromise to the user experience.
SAS Online Mobile App
With SAS Mobile App available across Android, Windows & iOS platforms, clients get the complete flexibility of trading, accessing market information, getting real times quotes using their mobile phones. The SAS Mobile app comes with the following features:
- Trade across Equities, Future & Options, Currency & Commodity in NSE, BSE & MCX.
- Access various intra-day charts to make the right move in the markets at the right time.
- Check & manage holdings from SAS Mobile Trader
Apart from the above, some of the other features these trading applications provide are:
- Zero downtime with tick by tick market updates
- Transfer funds via payment gateway and get instant limit update via inbuilt Pay-in feature
- Receive trade confirmations via SMS on registered phone numbers
Apart from the above-mentioned trading platforms, clients can also choose to Nest Trader or Now Trader for their trading purposes. These applications are developed and maintained by NSE (National Stock Exchange) and since these applications are outside the control of the discount stock broker, thus the feedback or comments from clients do not get incorporated by the broker.
SAS Online Customer Support
The discount stock broker offers customer service through the following communication channels:
- Web Chat
- Social Media
The customer service quality is good at SAS Online with multiple ways for the clients to reach back to the stockbroker (as mentioned above) however the turnaround time for fixing the problem can be improved.
"Multiple instances of untrained staff at web chat observed at SAS Online providing low quality services. The broker definitely needs to train and get skilled executives in order to provide decent customer service experience."
SAS Online Pricing
While opening your account with this discount stock broker, make sure you understand different kinds of charges levied, get it documented or emailed from the official email id of the broker. This helps to cut any confusions later in future.
Here are the details:
SAS Online Account Opening
"SAS Online does not have its own Demat services. Your Demat Account will be opened internally through IL&FS, a prominent depository of India"
SAS Online Brokerage Charges
There are different plans that the discount stock broker offers including fixed brokerage plan and monthly subscription plans as shown below:
- ₹9 per trade across segments - Pay 0.01% or ₹9 per executed order (whichever is lower) for intra-day and 0.1% or ₹9 per executed order (whichever is lower) for delivery. The price is same across the equity, currency and commodity segments.
- MCX ₹999 per month - With this plan, unlimited trading in commodities is allowed at ₹999 per month.
- Equity ₹999 per month - Trade across NSE Cash, BSE Cash and NSE F&O at ₹999 per month.
- Currency ₹499 per month - Trade in currency derivatives at ₹499 per month
With the unlimited trading plans, you can trade for any number of trades amounting to any trading capital, the brokerage will stay fixed at the plan rate for the whole month. Furthermore, there are no minimum brokerage charges in case of this discount stock broker.
Use this SAS Online Brokerage Calculator for complete charges and your profit
For more information, you can check out this SAS Online Review