Mumbai-based Motilal Oswal Securities has gained a varied range of client base since its inception in 1987. With diversified financial services on offer, the full-time service broker allows trading across various segments including Equity, Currency, Commodity, and Derivatives.
This Motilal Oswal Review 2020 discusses in detail about the company that caters to a range of clients including individuals with high net worth, retail customers, foreign institutional investors, mutual funds, corporate clients, and financial institutions.
With an array of products and plans offered across more than 2200 locations across 550+ cities, the broker has gained a userbase of over 1.2 million registered customers. This growth is supported by the solid foundation of research-based advice, for which, the service provider has 25 analysts doing researches on more than 250 companies across 20 sectors.
In addition to trading and demat services, the services offered by Motilal Oswal group of companies include Retail Wealth Management (including securities and commodities broking), Portfolio Management Services, Institutional Broking, Home Finance, Private Equity, Investment Banking Services, and Asset Management.
Why Invest with Motilal Oswal?
It comes as no surprise that Motilal Oswal has been awarded 6-time winner of Best Performing Equity Broker (National) by UTI-CNBC TV18 Financial Advisor Awards. The most special feature of MOSt Research is the Wealth Creation Report. It is the work of the foremost value investor in India and the joint MD and promoter – Mr. Raamdeo Agrawal.
Motilal Oswal Financial Services Limited has achieved the following accolades:
- MOFSL has been listed in Fortune 500 India’s Largest Corporations
- MOFSL awarded as Best Broking Business of the Year at The Moneycontrol Wealth Creator Awards 2018
- India ‘s Best Market Analyst Award for IT & FMCG sector by Zee Business
- Motilal Oswal AMC Awarded “Best Portfolio Management Services Product 2018” at The India Wealth Awards 2018 by Association of International Wealth Management of India.
Motilal Oswal’s Trading Platforms
Motilal Oswal has 2 mobile apps MO Trader and MO Investor. Besides mobile apps, it also has a desktop application and a Smartwatch.
MO Investor gives a single view of the portfolio summary from its Comprehensive Portfolio Snapshot. Not only a single view but the apps also provide various other features like stock market quotes, mutual fund holdings, Robo wealth manager, and a chat assistant known as MO Genie. Here are some details about these services:
Target Investment Plan
Helps Investors fulfill their goals by investing in SIPs, TIP works based on targeted financial goals and recommend top mutual fund schemes based on financial goals.
Though this feature is unique, several mutual fund advisors or investors do this with their excel knowledge. Motilal Oswal Target Investment Plan (TIP) is where one can input their financial goals along with tenure by which they want to achieve and mutual fund schemes recommendations and arrive at the amount required for monthly SIP investment.
Robo Wealth Management
Combining tech and advisory to eliminate human bias and provide customized advice that is specific to the needs of each and every user.
ACE Cash & ACE Derivatives
It is algorithm-based portfolio management to accelerate returns and creating wealth.
like its name, is an exclusive app for traders. My Wallet feature provides a Single view snapshot of your orders, positions, and limits. The USP of this app is its algo-based products which are Trade guide signal, Option Writer, Option Decoder. Here are some details of the above-mentioned products:
Trade Guide Signal
First of its kind artificially intelligent and predictive trading engine which gives actionable Buy/Sell ideas for all asset classes which eliminates any possibility of Human bias or errors. It works on rule-based Trading strategies, users will also get real-time SMSs giving entry and exit signals. It also provides a comprehensive market Trendicator including Live Market Trend, the strength of the trend, etc.
This tool helps in building your strategy with a strong analysis of the market conditions and contracts. Here are some of its salient features:
- Advice on preferences like Put/Call and Expiry
- Choosing exposure to write Options against Holdings, Futures, and Long Options
- Manage risk using spreads
- Select and execute all ideas with a single click.
This tool helps in managing and monitoring your Options portfolio. This tool not only decodes your payoff at different price levels and volatility but also provides risk assessment and management through parameters like market volatility, delta, theta, vega, and gamma. Here are some of the features for it:
- Simulation of trades to test the impact
- Alter position to get desired PnL
- Risk Management using greeks
- Trade execution at a single click to get desired PnL
Open an Account to Experience Motilal Oswal’s MO Trader and Investor Apps!
Like many other brokers, Motilal Oswal Financial Services offers a desktop application for trading. Here, users get access to over 30,000 Motilal Oswal’s research reports. Motilal Oswal offers a unique guiding tool for its customers which auto-generates buy/sell ideas known as Trade Guide Signal. Some of the key features include:
- Faster Trade execution with a 1-second refresh rate
- A large number of Trading indicators aided by modern charting tools
- Technology that enables you to leverage 20 times your margin
- Research recommendations derived from Hours/Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly data.
- Trade Guide signal to generate auto Buy/Sell ideas.
Smartwatch is another tool where users can view their portfolio status, get real-time market notifications and updates on their smartwatches when they are on the move. Some of its essential features are:
- Instant notification on market updates.
- Instant information on the Global indices as well as insight on markets’ top gainers and losers.
- Know the real net worth of your portfolio across all asset classes.
- Know your mark to market and open positions.
- Check margins in both Cash and Commodity Segments.
Read the full review