Karvy Online Review
Karvy Online is a Full-Service stockbroker from the house of a wholesome financial conglomerate Karvy Group. Incorporated back in the year 1985, Karvy Online today has a presence in around 400 cities of India with International offices in New York and Dubai. Apart from Retail broking, Karvy Online has also been a prominent face in Institutional and corporate investments.
Karvy Online, with its accreditation through BSE, NSE, MCX-SX, MCX and NCDEX, provides trading and investing facilities in the following segments:
- Mutual Funds
- Fixed Deposits
"Karvy Online has an active client base of 1,81,384 for this year 2017."
Karvy Online recently introduced a recommendation product called - Smart Trader. It helps clients by providing 8 stock recommendations before the first trading day every week. The recommendations will be based on both Technical as well as Derivative parameters around the market momentum. Clients need to consider few areas while using Smart trader:
- Recommendations may be a mix of both Long & Short positions based on market conditions.
- The stock must get initiated on the first two trading day of the week for Smart Trader to work for you.
Karvy Online Trading Platforms
Karvy Online offers three trading solutions to its clients through desktop, web and mobile based on client preferences. It also provides options to trade via call and SMS services. As far as the trading applications are concerned, here are the details:
Karvy Nest is a downloadable EXE file that can be installed on a desktop or laptop. It allows trading across all major exchanges including National stock exchange (NSE). Some of the basic requirements before this file is installed on a laptop or desktop are:
Processor: 500MHz Pentium III or compatible
Hard Disk Space: 15 MB
Operating System: Windows XP or later (no support for Macintosh)
Browser: Internet Explorer 7 and above, Chrome, Mozilla
Some of the features of this desktop-based trading application are:
- Place buy or sell orders
- Create Market watch groups to track scrips of your choice
- Receive personalized alerts and stock notifications
- View trades, positions and orders data
Karvy Online Mobile app is a very convenient and easy to use the mobile app. The app is available for Android, iOS, and Windows platforms and provides vital information around real-time quotes, market trends, live updates and so on. Some of the prominent features of this mobile app are:
- Trade in Equity, Derivatives and currency segments of BSE, NSE and MESI stock exchanges of the country.
- Track portfolio and transfer funds from the list of banks.
- Free to use even if you are not a client of Karvy Online. As a non-client, you get to access features such as market tracking and real-time news.
- Inbuilt features such as 'Ask the Expert' and 'Live Chat'
- Get completely authenticated and secured trading experience
At the same time, there are few concerns that have been raised around the mobile app, time and again by the clients, including:
- Login issues at times (with valid credentials)
- Session expiry issues
- Tough to perform fundamental analysis
Karvy Online Research
The full-service stockbroker has been doing a decent job in providing pretty accurate recommendations and tips with its fundamental and technical level analysis.
Karvy Online Customer Service
Karvy provides the following communication channels to its client for customer support:
- Offline branches
- Email support
- NRI phone support
- Social Media
- Online web portal
Karvy Online Pricing
Although Karvy is a full-service stockbroker, it charges its clients at around average level (its neither expensive nor cheap - value for money in a sense).
Here are the complete details:
Karvy Online Account Opening Charges
Within full-service stockbroking space, account related costs set up by Karvy beat industry benchmarks
Karvy Online Brokerage
There are a couple of plans at retail and institutional level.
Use this Karvy Online Brokerage Calculator for complete charges and your profit
For more details, check out the Karvy Online Review