ICICI Direct Mobile App Introduction
ICICI is a huge name in the Indian financial space and ICICI Direct is its full-service stockbroking arm. Thus, ICICI Direct runs under huge pressure in order to maintain the brand equity gained by its parent company. Although most of the services offered by the broker are reasonable, things get a little substandard when it comes to its mobile app - ICICI Direct Mobile app.
The other trading platforms by ICICI Direct - ICICI Trade Racer and ICICI Trade Racer Web still perform well and provide decent user experience to their clients. However, the mobile app still has a lot of work upon. Anyway, let's talk at length about the different offerings of this mobile app.
ICICI Direct Mobile App Features
- As the user logs into the mobile app, the home screen displays latest data feed on the indices including Sensex and Nifty to go along with the top market movers (gainers and losers) for the day and glimpse of the scrips in market watch.
- You may choose to click on the gainers and losers tab to quickly see the top gainers and losers of the day in detail with an option to see top weekly gainers and losers. This feature is very helpful for traders that are looking for short-term quick profits or those who perform intraday trading on a regular basis
- The app allows you to add multiple watchlists with a limit of 50 scrips in each watchlist. Once the user creates a watchlist, it automatically is appended to the home screen of the mobile app.
ICICI Direct Mobile App Disadvantages
Here are some of the top concerns of this mobile application from ICICI Direct:
- The performance of the mobile app is mediocre and the users might find the app hanging or freezing at times.
- Charts are not interactive enough. Looking at mobile apps such as IIFL Markets, Zerodha Kite Mobile provide a much better-charting feature.
- The app gets updated very rarely (>6-7 months), with the last update seen in August 2016 while some of the best mobile apps get updated within 2-3 weeks.
ICICI Direct Mobile App Advantages
At the same time, the full-service stockbroker provides the following benefits to its clients who use their mobile application for trading:
- Users are given the option to buy mutual funds as well to go along with stock market trading.
- Pretty exhaustive when it comes to a number of mobile app features.
- You can even invest in IPOs using the mobile app itself.
You can check the detailed review by checking the information here at ICICI Direct Mobile App Review