As days have progressed, women have entered in all walks of life; be it as a homemaker or as a responsible employee, their contribution to the nation’s progress has increased drastically. A heavy toll takes place on their health as they try to balance their work and personal life. Moreover, according to scientific observations, women are more prone to health issues after the age of 40 years (source). keeping all these facts in mind, the insurance companies have come up with special health insurance for women. Let us check out some top health insurance plans available in India.
This type of health insurance plans for women covers a broad number of critical diseases. Ladies can get the pre-hospitalization and post- hospitalization expenses covered when enrolling for this type of health insurance. Some unique features of the comprehensive plans are:
- Provides maternity benefits.
- Coverage for multiple illnesses.
- Daily hospitalization cash benefits.
- Coverage for the expenses at the convalescent stage.
- Cashless hospitalization in-network hospitals across the country.
- Coverage for cosmetic surgeries in case of accidental injuries.
- Income tax benefit under Section 80D.
While choosing health insurance online, the policyholder should also check whether additional facilities like free health helpline, discounts at health and wellness centers for daily checkups are covered.
Critical Illness Plan
Health insurance plans which are meant only for specific diseases fall under this category. For example, some health insurance schemes cover only cancerous diseases, like breast, vaginal, cervical, uterine and fallopian tube cancer. There are also specific plans which cover paralysis and burns. The critical illness plans are characterized by the following benefits:
- Coverage for specific diseases as mentioned in the policy
- 50% of the sum insured in case there is congeniality disability
- Working women get a special sum in case they lose their job after being diagnosed by any of the mentioned illnesses.
This kind of plan is as important as:
- All women are prone to some specific diseases.
- There might be some medical issues inherent in the family.
Senior citizen health insurance plans
This is a special plan for which women after the age of 60 years can apply. Some special features of this kind of plan are
- Medical screening is not done.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered.
- Expenses for medical consultation are covered.
- Quick and easy claim settlement.
Who can enroll?
The online health insurance schemes are open to
- Girl child between 90 days and 25 years.
- Women who have crossed 18 years. the maximum age limit differs from one insurance company to the other; while some insurers keep no bar on the age of enrolment, some keep it between 50-75 years.
Insurance companies have made the process simpler for the policyholders. The insured just needs to make a call to the in-house customer service of the insurer, make the claim and submit the documents online.
So, with these special health insurance policies for women, now they need not be on floater plans as a dependent of the husband. While women in the workforce get default insurance from the company; freelancers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, divorced, married or single women, everyone can opt for special health insurance plans.