HDFC Securities Blink Overview
Blink from HDFC Securities is a terminal based trading application which requires to be downloaded onto your computer or desktop. Once done, you need to follow few instructions to install this HDFC Securities Blink and then you can start trading using the application.
Although HDFC securities offers other trading applications such as HDFC Sec and HDFC Mobile App, however, users, who are medium to heavy level traders (especially at intra-day level), prefer to trade through a terminal application. This is for the reason, that terminal based applications are easy to use and are highly exhaustive in their number of features and so on.
But, But, But!
HDFC Securities Blink Features
The way HDFC Securities positions Blink is that it is a more of a market watch facility where you can create 5 market watch screens and can place orders in Equity and Derivatives market from the same screen. Furthermore, you get information on High Low and best five buyers and sellers and you can place buy & sell orders on the same screen. Looks alright, but from a close look, it does not really impress the way it should!
The reason is simple - since this is a paid software, your expectations will obviously rise. A question that is generally raised is that in the sphere of free trading softwares such as Nest Trader, Zerodha Pi, Angel Broking Speed Pro etc, what does this particular trading application provides me that would make me pay for it. Right?
Let's jump onto these features then:
- Customized Trading platform to assist investment decision. You also get access to latest tips and research reports (across asset classes - Equity, currency, IPO, mutual funds) post technical and fundamental analysis respectively by the broker.
- Monitor transaction - Order Book, Trade Book, Net Position along with your portfolio summary.
- Single Screen to place the order in Equity and F&O, thereby, making the overall experience pretty smooth and seamless.
HDFC Securities Blink Advantages
- HDFC Securities Blink is known for high performance and speed. Thus, as long as you are maintaining the expected configuration, you will be able to access the application with the decent user experience.
- A wide range of features available, especially suitable for heavy traders.
HDFC Securities Blink Disadvantages
- There is no trial available which is a big concern. This is for the simple reason that if you trader is looking to use such an application and is ready to pay for it, he/she would like to have a go at it for a day or two. This will give a reasonable idea to the user whether it is worth paying for or not. Not having a trial is actually hurting HDFC securities in acquiring new clients.
- Major concerns observed in the usage of the 'My portfolio' functionality in terms of incorrect/invalid data, position etc.
For rest of the details, you can check the review of HDFC Securities Blink