Best Trading Platforms in India
Trading using Online Trading Platforms in India has now become a popular trend. Although a big chunk of traders still prefer to trade with the help of their stockbroking houses or local sub-brokers, but off-late there has been a major shift towards self-help. The new age traders want to handle things on their own with an eye blinking transaction speed & convenience, especially if you are a day trader where things move in microseconds.
To match up to that speed, trading companies are coming up with high speed, hyper-intelligent Online Trading Platforms both in desktop & mobile versions.
Let's check out the top trading platforms offered by different types of stock brokers in India one by one:
Full-Service StockBrokers - Trading Platforms
Trade Racer is one of the prominent Online Trading platforms which provides you with Live streaming quotes & Research Calls, integrated fund transfer system along with multiple watch list facility. Power-packed with new features, Trade Racer gives you the power to identify market opportunities while enjoying the attractive new look and feel of the trading terminal, unlike conventional trading platforms.
IIFL (India InfoLine)
India Info Line or IIFL is a holding company of the IIFL group. IIFL has a global presence with offices in London, New York, Geneva, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore and Mauritius. For Indian share trading users, IIFL offers a couple of online trading platforms - Trader terminal in Desktop as well as mobile versions.
IIFL Trader Terminal (Desktop):
The desktop version of Trader terminal comes with the following unique feature set:
- Unique design for better speed & performance
- Real-time market updates
- Confirmed & Fast Order execution
- Secured single sign-on authentication
- Easy to use user interface
ShareKhan is an old name in the Indian share trading circuit. It has always come up with different innovations that have changed the dynamics of the Indian share trading industry.
In the name of Online Trading Platforms, Sharekhan offers Trade Tiger, a high-speed online trading platform. Trade Tiger is known for the following features:
Access to all trading calls from ShareKhan's technical desk, fundamental research reports
- Customize advanced charts and see the information the way it suits your needs
- Market quotes streamed at micro-seconds level. You will not miss even a bit of information
- Trade across BSE & NSE and find opportunities to buy & sell
- Graph Studies include Average, Band-Bollinger, Know SureThing, MACD etc
- Multiple Charts with Tick by Tick Intraday and End of Day Charting powered by various Studies
- Advanced features such as O-Alert, Chart-book, Heat-map, trade from charts & many more.
Motilal Oswal is a renowned name in Share broking Industry in India, primarily at Institutional level. Motilal Oswal provides Online Trading Platforms for the web, mobile and smartwatch as well for Online Share trading.
Motilal Oswal's Web Trading Platform is a cloud-based solution that allows you to trade online without downloading an executable file. Some of the key features of the web solution are:
Motilal Oswal Smart Watch App
The Motilal Oswal smart watch App is a quick and convenient way for you to stay on top of all vital information associated with your investments while you are looking for Online share trading. This app provides notifications and alerts on latest market statistics, positions/limits updates, real-time trading alerts when you’re on the move.
MOSL also allows you to trade via their mobile app as one of its Online trading platforms. This app works on both Mobile as well tablet. Some of the USPs of this mobile app include:
Angel broking offers 2 major online trading platforms:
It is a mobile app recently launched by Angel Broking. This app has multiple features such as:
- Trading across different market segments
- Real-time Market Movements
- Updates on top market gainers & losers
- Check trade reports, holdings & limits
- Access Contract notes, Ledgers etc
- Here is a screenshot of the Angel Broking mobile app:
The Android & iOS versions of these Online Trading Platforms can be downloaded from the respective stores.
Angel Eye is a desktop variation of online trading platforms from Angel Broking. Angel Broking has been updating the platform and has recently launched the latest version.
There is another platform offered by Angel Broking called Angel Speed Pro. Speed Pro is an executable file that can be downloaded on user's machine. It comes with the following features:
- Real-time rate updates
- Advance charts
- Portfolio details
- Online Mutual Fund application
- Integrated news flash & research reports
Discount Stock Brokers - Online Trading Platforms
Zerodha is a recent entrant in the Indian sharing trading ecosystem and works on a discount broking model. Zerodha offers multiple online trading platforms both for desktop & mobile users.
Kite comes up with minimalist, intuitive, responsive, light, yet powerful web and mobile online trading platforms. This trading platform is multi-lingual and is available in languages such as English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati and Punjabi.
Kite comes with the following features:
- Bandwidth consumption of fewer than 0.5 Kbps for a full market-watch, extensive charting with over 100 indicators and 6 chart types, advanced order types like Brackets and cover, millisecond order placements, and more.
- Used by over 70,000 clients and serving over 5 million requests a day with no hiccups.
- Multilingual trading
- Over 100 indicators, 6 different chart types, 19 drawing tools, and pop out as many charts at a time.
Zerodha's flagship version of online trading platforms i.e. Kite Web is available as a Mobile app!
It charges ₹0 brokerage for investments and flat ₹20 for F&O trading & comes with Clean & intuitive UI, super fast and super light back-end for all your investment and trading needs.
- One-tap universal instrument search for all contracts across all exchanges -- NSE, BSE, MCX
- Live streaming data
- Multiple market-watch and live market depths
- Advanced chart with 100+ indicators
- Years worth of free historical chart data
- Trade Equities, F&O, Commodities, Currency
- Various order types: Regular, AMO, BO (Bracket orders), CO (Cover orders)
Another addition to online trading platforms is Fyers' web & mobile trading app. This trading platform comes with advanced charting options such as Candle charts, provides a 360-degree view of the market in one go and much more in both desktop and mobile app options.
The mobile app provides the following value additions:
- Get real-time news directly to your phone on the go to stay updated with market fluctuations
- Receive price alert notifications when stocks trigger your custom conditions
- Reconnect feature allows the app to connect seamlessly without requiring multiple authorizations
The web app comes with the features such as:
- Blazing Fast Quotes
- Functional charts plotted over 90 indicators & drawings
- Smooth User interface helps you focus on market updates without any distractions
For complete information on these trading platforms and see the rest of the review, you can check the Best Trading Platforms in India