3 in 1 Demat Account Overview
Before we dive into the best 3 in 1 demat account in India, let's try to understand what exactly do we mean by a 3 in 1 account. When you open a demat account with a stock broker to trade across financial segments such as Equity, Currency, Commodity, Derivatives etc. you also open a trading account along.
This is where a 3 in 1 demat account comes into the picture that allows you to trade without any of the concerns mentioned above. Some of the features of a 3 in 1 demat account are:
- No hassle of money transfers between accounts
- Integrated financial solution with minimal paperwork
- Savings account remains as the normal bank account without any impact
- Suits well for beginners since some of the formalities during trading might be overwhelming
At the same time, some of the concerns with 3 in 1 demat accounts are:
- Trading through a bank generally costs higher as compared to conventional stockbrokers
- Specialist full-service stockbrokers stay marginally ahead in terms of market research or intraday tips
Best 3 in 1 Demat Account in India
With quite a few options in banking services in India, selecting a specialist bank that helps you to manage both bankings as well as trading needs can be a tough task. Here we are listing some of the leading banks in India that have proven that their trading abilities to their clients in the past. This review is based on:
- Stock market Expertise
- Customer service
- Bank History
- Brokerage charges
- Trading Platforms
Some of the best 3 in 1 demat accounts in India (in no particular order) are:
With the 3 in 1 demat account of ICICI Direct, a client can trade across:
- Mutual Funds
With the savings account of ICICI bank, clients get access to more than 3000 ICICI bank branches along with 10,000 ATMs across the country.
You can check out a detailed review of ICICI Direct as well.
HDFC Bank has a client base of close to 2 million when it comes to demat accounts across the country along with a presence in more than 3500 locations. This is a huge plus for a bank that has wide coverage with its branches and franchise locations.
As far as trading is concerned, HDFC securities is known for its top class trading platforms and customer service.
You can check out a detailed review of HDFC Securities as well.
Kotak Securities provides the following benefits to its trading client:
- Kotak Securities academy for educational trading content for beginner and intermediate users
- Notifications through email and SMS so that clients never miss out on potential opportunities
- In-house developed innovative trading platforms such as Keat Pro X
- Aftermarket hours orders allowed
You can check out a detailed review of Kotak Securities as well.
Still, do you have more questions to get clarified?