Live Stock Market Updates: Nifty, Sensex extend gains
Major indices in the market have been holding their gains in the closing hour. Nifty FMCG is one of the top gaining indices on NSE. The index is trading at 25,916 level, up by 366 points or 1.43%.
Emami Limited is top gainer in the index trading at Rs 1,174 per share, up by 3.12%. Godrej Industries, Hindustan Unilever, Marico and ITC are trading higher by more than 1%
There are 998 advances, 658 declines and 305 unchanged stocks on NSE reflecting positive sentiments floating in the market.
At 3 PM, the S&P BSE Sensex is trading at 32,129 up 247 points, while NSE Nifty is trading at 10,082 up 76 points. A total of 104 stocks registered a fresh 52-week high in trade today, while 14 stocks touched a new 52-week low on the NSE.
The BSE Mid-cap Index is trading up 0.97% at 16,020 while BSE Small-cap Index is trading up 1.01% at 16,617.
All the sectoral indices on BSE have been trading in positive territory.
Bank of Baroda, Tata Steel, BPCL, Sun Pharma and Zee Entertainment are among the gainers, whereas IndusInd Bank, Tech Mahindra, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Coal India and Wipro are losing sheen on NSE.
The INDIA VIX is down 5.62% at 11.66.
- Nifty index is looking bullish on long-term charts.
- In Tuesday's trading session nifty open on a gap up node and traded with positive movement.
- Nifty closed higher for the fifth consecutive trading session on Tuesday. Nifty ended at 10,093 level, up by 87 points with overall gain of 0.87%.
- It is trading above its 21 days and 50 days simple moving averages on daily chart.
- In next trading session further up side movement can be observed in it and it can test up side levels of 10130 & 10160 if it crosses its next resistance level of 10100 while down side 10030 will act as a good support level.
- Nifty Bank index is looking bullish on long-term charts.
- In today's trading session Bank nifty opened on a gap up node and traded with positive sentiments and give closing @ 24704 with overall gain of 0.46%.
- Bank nifty Index is trading above its 21 days and 50 days simple moving averages on daily chart.
- In next trading session further up side movement can be observed in it and it can test up side levels of 24900 & 24950 if it crosses its next resistance level of 24800 while down side 24600 will act as a good support level.
GAINERS - NSE
Losers - NSE
Divi's Lab stock surges 9% on hopes of re-inspection from USFDA, as per media reports.
IndusInd Bank stock dips 2% after hitting a record high of Rs 1,818 in early trade, dragged by profit booking.
DLF gets Environment Ministers nod for Rs 240 Cr commercial project in Goa. Stock rises 2%.
Tata Coffee hits record high after Equity Intelligence buys stake.
Stock jumps 9%. Aditya Birla Capital stock down 1% after 10.7 lakh shares trade in 2 blocks on NSE at Rs 188/share.
NBCC (India) stock gains 3% on back of new orders. BSE Oil & Gas Index up 1%.
BPCL (+4%), IGL, HPCLM GAIL (+3%), IOC (+1.5%). Nifty Realty Index hits 52-week high,
Godrej Properties (+6%), DLF, Delta Corp (+2%), Indiabulls Real Estate, HDIL, Oberoi Realty (+1%).
Force Motors enters into non-binding termsheet with Rolls-Royce. Stock spurts 4%.
Godrej Industries stock jumps 3% as arm receives SEBI India nod for IPO.
DLF gets environmental nod for Goa project
DLF has received the environment clearance for its Rs 240 crore commercial project which is to come up in Patto village, Goa. The proposed commercial complex, to be constructed on a 18,120 square meter plot, would have eight small screen multiplexes for small gatherings and it will be the first of its kind in Goa.
The DLF's proposal was first examined by a green panel and based on its recommen dations the Union Environment Ministry has given the final green clearance, reported a national news agency. Meanwhile, on bourses, the stock gained 2% at Rs 196.75 per share at 1520 hours on BSE attracting a total traded quantity of 7.87 lakh shares.The company has been maintaining a dividend payout of 61.87% and has a return on equity of 1.97% for last three years.
DLF Limited, real estate company is primarily engaged in the business of colonization and real estate development. The company is primarily engaged in development business focuses on the development and sale of the residential real estate, which includes plotted developments, houses, villas etc.